Sunday, 1 September 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: OPI Dutch Ya Just Love OPI?

Ahoy hoy folks...welcome to another edition of Purple Shimmer Sunday! \o/  Before I start my usual rambling, make sure you check out what Jenny and Kristy are up to today.

Today I'm showing off OPI Dutch Ya Just Love OPI from the 2012 Holland collection.  DYJLO has to be about the worst polish name ever.  Get it together, Suzi!  Eesh!

DYJLO is a beautiful midtoned purple with bits of gold and copper (from what I can tell anyway) shimmer.  In most lighting, DYJLO looks like a plain 'ole purple creme.  However, get this baby in the glaring sunlight and BAM!  Shimmer in your face.

Application on DYJLO was fine; not too thin or thick.  It looked opaque to me in two coats though a third coat probably wouldn't hurt.  I was being lazy today so I stopped at two.  As usual, I am not a fan at all of OPI's pro wide brush, but everyone else seems to be, so what do I know? haha.  All in all, DYJLO is a very nice polish.  The shimmer is more hidden than I like from typical shimmer polishes, but it's still pretty.

On to the pics!

Here's two coats of DYJLO by itself.  Both pics were taken in direct sun light, no flash:



Thanks for popping by! <3 And to all my North American readers: happy labour day weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I recently got this one and can't wait to wear it. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! You won't be disappointed; it's very lovely! :)

      Delete
  2. It does have a gorgeous golden-y shimmer! And I love the name of the polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doesn't it? I love me some golden shimmer! Haha I'm glad you like the name ;)

      Delete
  3. That shimmer is so pretty. I really love the color and it looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much!! :) I am really enjoying this polish. The shimmer is everything!

      Delete