Sunday, 22 September 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: Contrary Polish Desert Fruit

Hey everyone, it's Sunday again!  Time sure does fly by these days.  Make sure you take a few minutes to check out what Jenny and Kristy are up to today.

Today I'm sharing Contrary Polish's Desert Fruit with you!  Desert Fruit was gifted to me by the lovely Jenny for my birthday last year (thanks lady! <3).  It's a shame I haven't gotten around to wearing it until now but I move through my stash very slowly haha.  Anyway, as it was sunny today, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to slap Desert Fruit on.

Desert Fruit is a beautiful red-toned purple with a bunch of red shimmer.  Its name, I believe, takes inspiration from OPI's discontinued (and much beloved by me) Peel Me a Gobi Grape.  Though these polishes share similar themes in their names, I wouldn't call them dupes.  And that's a good thing!  Just makes me feel all the more justified for having both of these lovelies in my collection.  If anything, Desert Fruit reminds me a teensy bit of Dior Shadow, which I also love.  I love ALL THE PURPLES!

Formula-wise, I have no complaints with Desert Fruit.  It was surprisingly opaque on the first coat and applied very smoothly.  I did put on a second coat just in case, however.  I have to say, the shimmer in this polish is SO beautiful!  The red shimmer really compliments this shade of purple.  As with most shimmery polishes, Desert Fruit looks best in full blown sun light.  It's fine in low lights as well, but I prefer it in the sun.

Anyway, here's the pics!

Contrary Polish Desert Fruit (two coats) in full sun light, no flash:



Lovely, isn't it??

You can pick up your very own bottle of Desert Fruit at Llarowe, Femme Fatale Cosmetics and Norway Nails.  Happy shopping!

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment