Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Femme Fatale Nightsong Grotto

Happy hump day everyone!

Today I am super thrilled to share with you a stunning polish courtesy of the wonderful Femme Fatale Cosmetics.

I'm not going to lie: ever since Femme Fatale started selling polishes last fall, I have been absolutely enamoured with them.  Femme Fatale always seems to come up with new and interesting polish combinations with incredible depth.  Nightsong Grotto is no exception!

I picked up Nightsong Grotto earlier this spring through a lovely Aussie pal of mine (<3) and boy am I glad I did.  I am kicking myself that it took me this long to put it on, however, because the entire time I wore this polish, I couldn't stop staring at my nails.

Nightsong Grotto is a stunning combination of circle and hex glitters, some of which are holographic glitters, of various sizes with colors that range from teal, lime green, magenta, dark blue and purple suspended in a turquoise jelly base. 

Nightsong Grotto can be built up to opacity/worn alone, however, I prefer to layer most of my glitter polishes over other jellies or cremes to give them a little something extra.  I tested a few combinations of polishes to layering Nightsong Grotto over and decided I liked how it looked layered over OPI's Ski Teal We Drop best.

As far as application goes, Nightsong Grotto went on surprisingly smooth considering the amount of glitter packed in to it.  Also, I was very pleased to find that I had no trouble at all getting the larger circle glitters on to my nails.  Sometimes you have to fish these glitters out (which I don't mind doing), but I didn't have to this time, so it was a nice surprise.

Enough chatter, here are the pics!  You'll notice my nails in the following pics are longer and more squared than my pics from Purple Shimmer Sunday.  I actually wore this mani prior to this week's Purple Shimmer Sunday post.  Sadly, I had to trim and file my nails back after wearing Nightsong Grotto since the corners of my squared nails were breaking off. 

Here's Femme Fatale Nighstong Grotto (one coat) over OPI's Ski Teal We Drop (two coats):

The following picture was taken in indirect day light, no flash:


The following two pictures were taken in my "light box" (lol), no flash:


The next picture was taken under a desk lamp, no flash:


Finally, here's a close-up thumb shot!  Taken in indirect day light, no flash:



This was way more pictures than I usually share of one mani but it's just so pretty that I couldn't help sharing them all with you guys!

You can pick up your own bottle of Nightsong Grotto directly from Femme Fatale Cosmetics here or through Harlow & Co.

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

2 comments: