Sunday, 25 August 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: Finger Paints Icy Iris

Hey everyone, happy Sunday!

I am now officially on vacation for the next week, so I am hoping to get lots of manis queued up to post here during my time off hehe.  It's a little late in the summer to have time off, so keep your fingers crossed that I still get some nice patio weather. ;)

Before I get started on today's post, make sure to head over to Lavish Layerings and The Polish Haven to see what Jenny and Kristy are up to!

Alrighty.  So today I have Finger Paints Icy Iris to share!  I believe this polish was released a few Christmases ago (I'm too lazy to look up the exact year...I'm on vacation, ha!) as part of Finger Paints' holiday collection.  I'm told that Icy Iris is supposed to be a dupe of OPI Visions of Sugarplum which was an Ulta exclusive as well a few Christmases back.  I can't share any sort of an educated opinion on the matter since I don't have VoS.

Icy Iris is a lovely sort of glass fleck-y/shimmer-y polish.  That's the best way I can describe it.  I am terrible at descriptions but I try anyway haha.  I'd call this color eggplant, I suppose.  To my eye, I see a bit of purple shimmer and almost pale gold shimmer in this.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  Icy Iris is dark, but does not appear black indoors.  I think the shimmer keeps this from being a boring polish for sure.

Icy Iris' formula was awesome and very easy to work with - it wasn't too thin or thick...it was just right.  Finger Paints has the nice long skinny brushes that I love, so that was definitely a bonus.

On to the pic!

Here's two coats of Finger Paints Icy Iris in indirect day light (no flash):


Doesn't it just look like it's begging to have some glitter slapped over it?!?  I might go do that soon haha. 

You may be able to find Icy Iris or Visions of Sugarplum still on ebay.  I haven't checked lately, but in the past, the ebay prices for these weren't too outrages.  Here's hoping they still aren't...ha!

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

2 comments: