Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Estee Lauder Dressed to Kill

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all having a fantastic hump day this week!  Today I want to show off Estee Lauder's Dressed to Kill, which I wore a few weeks ago but only got around to posting it today.  Ha!

Dressed to Kill is a beautiful shimmery blackened red (reminds me a bit of Chanel Malice).  In most light, it looks nearly black.  However, get Dressed to Kill in just the right light and it is a stunning, glowy red.  I believe this polish was part of Estee Lauder's fall collection from last year.  I picked this up at an outlet when I was in the USA earlier this past Spring.  I can't resist these kinds of reds. 

In the bottle, Dressed to Kill almost looks like it could be a duochrome: red with a hint of bronze.  Come to think of it...Spit & Polish has some fab pics of Dressed to Kill here.

Anyway, the formula on Dressed to Kill was fantastic.  It was almost opaque on the first coat...madness I tell you!  It was fully opaque on the second one.  Dressed to Kill went on so smoothly that it practically applied itself.  My only real beef with this polish, isn't even with the polish itself.  Yep, I am complaining about the brush.  The Estee Lauder brush is short and very square shaped at the end, which makes polishing close to the cuticle frustrating for me.  It was like holding an awkward mop.  This polish is so pretty though, that I am willing to overlook the brush.  I think I am just really fussy about brushes in my "old age" bahahaha. ;)

Anyhoo, here's my crappy out-of-focus pic.  Hope you like it despite the general crappiness/my lack of photography skill.

Estee Lauder Dressed to Kill (two coats) in indirect day light, no flash:


Sooo glowy...sigh! <3

You can get your very own bottle of Dressed to Kill on ebay for a reasonable price (I just checked).  So yay for that!

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic evening!
 

4 comments: