Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Belated Purple Shimmer Sunday (Tuesday): Illamasqua Baptiste

Hey everyone!

I am wayyyy behind in blogging lately, and for that I apologize.  Purple Shimmer Sunday is happening today this week instead of Sunday as I attended a wedding this past Saturday and didn't get my crap together in time for Sunday lol.  Be sure to check out what Jenny and Kristy were up to this week!

Today I am showing off Illamasqua Baptiste.  Baptiste is a lovely dark purple polish with bits of violet shimmer within.  The formula on Baptiste was nice; not too thin or thick.  Baptiste was opaque for me in two coats.  I have to say, the Illamasqua brushes are fab!

In most lighting situations, Baptiste is very dark - nearly black.  But get Baptiste in the sunlight and BAM!  Shimmery goodness!  I've been reading around online that people have been saying Baptiste and Urban Decay Vice (see it here) are dupes, however I don't feel that they are exact dupes.  Yes, they are both dark shimmery purples but to my eye, Vice is a lot more red-toned whereas Baptiste looks more blue-toned.  Also, in the sunlight, Vice has a lot more apparent shimmer than Baptiste.  Don't get me wrong though - both of these polishes are lovely in their own right.  Though if I had to pick only one, it would be Vice because of the higher shimmer factor (yep, that's now officially a thing...ha).

Well, enough babbling...check out Baptiste for yourself!

Here's two coats of Baptiste in the sun (no flash):


And here it is under a desk lamp (no flash):


So shiney! ^_^

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. It's an amazing shade! I've never met an Illamasqua polish I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thank you! :) It is quite lovely and I also like all of the Illamasqua polishes I have as well. I need to try more of 'em!

    ReplyDelete