Sunday, 21 July 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: OPI Peel Me a Gobi Grape (take two)

Hi everyone, happy Sunday!

It is hot and sunny here today, so I decided to take advantage of that and slap on one of my all-time favorite polishes: OPI Peel Me a Gobi Grape (PMaGG). 

I am calling this post "take two" because I blogged about PMaGG when I first started this blog in February 2012 but it was the  middle of the winter so I couldn't get the pics of it that I truly wanted.  I am correcting that today with a re-swatch to do this polish the justice it so deserves.

But before I go on rambling about how I want to marry this polish, please don't forget to check out what Jenny of Lavish Layerings and Kristy of The Polish Haven have up their sleeves for today!

Ok, back to PMaGG, or as my lovely bff referred to it, "Peel Me a Goddamned Gobi Grape" lol.  She called it that because she was lemming it very badly at the time and was frustrated because it is VVHTF and a real pain in the butt to acquire.  I was so very blessed to have Jenny send it to me almost two years ago when she found it at a dusty.  She knew how badly I wanted it and sent it to me out of the goodness of her heart.  <3  What an awesome pally!

PMaGG is the stuff purple shimmer dreams are made of.  The base color is a lovely reddish plum and when the light hits PMaGG just right, you can see the amazing gold/copper shimmer that makes PMaGG truly one-of-a-kind.  It is absolutely stunning.  The formula on PMaGG was thin.  This polish has a three coat minimum, in my opinion, but it is so worth it.  Application on PMaGG was fine/smooth.

Enough rambling, on to the pics!!

OPI Peel Me a Gobi Grape (three coats), taken in direct sun light, no flash:





And this is how PMaGG looks in indirect day light, no flash:


So what do you guys think of the "mother of all purple shimmer polishes"??  Isn't she a beauty??

Sadly, Peel Me a Gobi Grape is very difficult to procure.  If you ever have the opportunity to buy it via a blog sale or on ebay, go for it!  It is one of those polishes were you really have to see in person to believe how amazing it is.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! <3

6 comments:

  1. Unfff!! So pretty! <3 I'm so glad I was able to find this for you way back when! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3!!! Almost as great as your pics of it...almost, but not quite! ;)

      Delete