Sunday, 14 July 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: Finger Paints Plum Startled

Hey everyone, it's that time again...Purple Shimmer Sunday!  Don't forget to check out what Jenny of Lavish Layerings and Kristy of The Polish Haven are up to this week!

Today I have a polish that has sadly been sitting untried for a long time: Finger Paints Plum Startled.  I believe Plum Startled was released last year as part of Finger Paints' fall collection...but don't quote me on that.

Anyhoodle, Plum Startled is a beautiful shimmery polish in a plummy/wine colored jelly base.  When the light hits Plum Startled just right, you can see it features beautiful bits of purple, pink and violet shimmer particles.  It is lovely!  Plum Startled was a bit more sheer than I was expecting, even for a jelly.  I put on four coats of Plum Startled because I still wasn't happy with how it looked at three.  I think a minimum of three coats with this polish is a must.  On the upside, it is super shiny!  The formula was nice and smooth; not fussy at all.  I also really liked the Finger Paints brush...not too wide, ha!  I don't like Finger Paints' brush handle though as I find it awkward to hold.  That's just a personal preference though.

On to the pics!  I took 105 pictures of this mani and these were the best I could do.  I was having a really tough time trying to capture this one, so I apologize for the lackluster pictures.  It is a very lovely polish and for a really great pic of it, check it out on Kristy's blog here.

This first pic was taken in natural day light, no flash...this is actually pretty close/accurate picture, color-wise (imo):


And the next three pics are essentially the same lol.  All taken indoors under a desk lamp, no flash:




Hope you guys enjoyed this week's installment of Purple Shimmer Sunday!  Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments: