Sunday, 23 June 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday: Dior Shadow

Ahoy hoy everyone!

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.  And speaking of Sunday, I am so pleased to let you know that I am joining in with Jenny of Lavish Layerings fame and Kristy of The Polish Haven fame on their super fun "Purple Shimmer Sundays" blog post series.  As a fellow purple shimmer polish hoor, I am thrilled to take part...thanks ladies! <3

So with that in mind, I am sharing Dior Shadow with you guys today.  Man...this polish is an absolute stunner!  I purchased Shadow almost a year ago now (it was released as part of Dior's Les Violets Hypnotiques collection) and this is my first mani with it *flogs self*.  Honestly, I don't know why it has taken me so long to slap this beauty on my nails but I am so glad I did.

Shadow is a lovely red-toned plum color packed with loads of red/pink hidden shimmer.  This HIDDEN shimmer is no joke.  It really only comes out to play in full force when you stick your nails in the blaring sunlight...which is fine with me since I am used to doing that when I wear holographic polishes haha.  But I can see how that would put off some folks.  Under regular indirect day light or indoor light, this polish is pretty tame.

Shadow's application was good - it had a very nice pigmented formula that was opaque for me in two careful coats.  The only complaint I have with this polish isn't even with the polish itself but the brush.  Have you seen those Dior polish brushes???  Madness, I say!  They are short, wide, stubby brushes that drive me batty.  I am not a fan of wide brushes at all but it is even worse when the brush is short.  Ugh.  The only redeeming quality this brush has for me is that the tip of the brush is rounded off instead of squared so it makes it slightly less awkward to do a nice job at the bottom of your nails near your cuticle.  However, if you can deal with the ridiculous brush, this polish is well worth the frustration.  Overall I love this polish - just not the brush.

Anyhoodle, enough dissecting of the brush...on to the pics!  Full disclosure: these pics were all taken in direct sunlight, no flash.  I am telling you this right now so you don't have any illusions of how this polish actually looks 90% of the time lol.  Don't say I didn't warn you!



*dreamy sigh* Ain't she a beaut??

Shadow was a limited edition polish, so you won't be able to find this in stores anymore, but if you want to try your luck on "evil bay", you might be able to find it for exorbitant prices.  Sorry to do the whole LE thing to you guys but this polish was just too pretty not to blog.

As always, thanks for stopping by and reading my wall-of-text or at least scrolling to the pics haha.  Have a great day! <3

4 comments:

  1. Gorgoeus pics! Love Shadow & I kind of love the brush too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share in your love of Shadow...just not its brush ;) bahaha thanks for the mani love!

      Delete
  2. it's gorgeous, i'm so sad i missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a very lovely polish! I hope you'll be able to find it one day for a reasonable price ^_^

      Delete