Sunday, 7 April 2013

Rescue Beauty Lounge Aqua Lily

Good evening everyone!  Hope you've all been having a nice relaxing weekend.

Tonight I have a much-hyped polish to share: Rescue Beauty Lounge (RBL) Aqua Lily.  This polish was originally released last spring.  I didn't get my hands on it at that time because I was waffling about whether or not this polish was worth the money.  When this was released again this past fall, I had another opportunity to get my polish-loving mitts on this, thanks to a very lovely friend (<3 you know who you are!), so I seized it!

I hadn't read any other blogger reviews of this polish until AFTER I decided to put it on.  Not that it matters since most bloggers seem to sing glowing praises for this polish.  I do not, sadly.  While I love the color (bright turquoise with pink "hidden shimmer"), I'm not sure that alone is worth the frustration of this polish.  While Aqua Lily was opaque in two coats for me, it was a pain in the ass in the application department.  It was thick, much thicker than I had anticipated.  It was STILL thick even after I stopped mid-mani to thin it.  Because this polish is thick, it has a tendency to drag during application.  I recommend using thinner coats for this polish, definitely.  On top of the thickness issues, this polish is also a bit stainy.  Careful application is a must...and I'm a bit sloppy when it comes to initial application, so this was a bit of an issue for me.

All of that being said, this IS a pretty polish...I just wouldn't say it is $30 (or whatever I ended up paying by the time it was all said and done) pretty.  You could achieve a similar look through layering, like Jenny of Lavish Layerings, who did a lovely job of layering CND Violet Shimmer over OPI Fly.

Enough griping though, on to the pic!  Please ignore my dry ass cuticles lol, they look so bad this week...ugh.

RBL Aqua Lily (two coats):


So what do you guys think?  Is Aqua Lily worth the hype??

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. It's definitely a really gorgeous polish, but I'm not sure if I would want to pay so much ahahha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty, but for that much money I think the application should be perfect and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I always have high expectations when a polish is that expensive.

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! Too bad the formula was less than spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it is lovely too! The formula was a huge disappointment for me.

      Delete
  4. It is a pretty polish but I refuse to pay that much for one polish. Wow I can't believe the application is so bad, considering the price it should apply itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you...I might need to adopt that philosophy as well. It just sucks, because sometimes a polish IS worth the money, imo. Like Chanel Malice ^_^

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous polish on your perfect nails

    ReplyDelete