Saturday, 30 March 2013

Super Purple!!!

Happy Easter, everyone!

As usual, I've neglected my little blog as of late.  In my defense, I was away all last week for a family event.  So now that I'm back, I hope to be posting somewhat regularly (well for me, that is) again.  Thanks for bearing with me, folks!

A lovely Aussie friend of mine recently gifted me a great franken she made called "Super Purple!!!".  When I first pulled this polish out of the package, I was blown away by how beautiful it was.

Super Purple combines two of my favorite things: color shift and purple!  It is gorgeous, check out this bottle pic:



Nice, right?  I decided to slap this on over China Glaze Grape Pop.  Grape Pop is a beautiful purple creme.  It was opaque in two coats and went on quite smoothly...no complaints from me on this polish.  I just wish I had put it on sooner.

Here's a quick pic of Grape Pop I snapped.  You'll notice the lighting in this pic is a lot nicer than my usual lighting...that's because I was able to get this pic in natural daylight.  I cannot properly express how excited I am that it is almost spring here and the sun is out longer.  PRAISE JEEBUS!

Grape Pop (two coats, no top coat...look at how glossy it is!!):



And here's some fridge pics (sun was gone by this point, boo) of Super Purple (one coat) over China Glaze Grape Pop (two coats):



My pics do not adequately capture how lovely Super Purple really is.  Super Purple was definitely pigmented enough that I could have worn it on its own, but I need to ration the pretty which is why I decided to layer it. 

I am so lucky to have such amazing friends in my life...I am spoiled rotten!  Much love to the lady who made this for me, you know who you are. <3

Well, that's all for today; I hope everyone has a nice long weekend. ^_^  Thanks for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. This franken is TDF! & your base colour is the perfect choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pairing is perfect ;) I lovvvvvve Super Purple!!

    ReplyDelete