Thursday, 7 March 2013

Pretty Serious Poltergeist Puddle & HARE Medusa Luminosa

Long time, no post!

I am the worst blogger bahaha.  Oh well, this is a fun hobby...not my day job!  I hope all of you don't mind my sporadic blogging.  I will admit I wish I blogged more or, rather, had more time to blog more.  But alas, this is how it is!

Anyhoodle, today I have two fabulous indie brands to showcase: Pretty Serious and HARE Polish.  Pretty Serious is an excellent indie brand hailing from Australia.  The creative force behind Pretty Serious is Kaz of Pretty Random fame!  I think she is quite brilliant when it comes to making interesting and gorgeous polishes.  I like that she doesn't deal exclusively in glitters or shimmers.  It seems like so many indie polish brands these days only do one or the other, very seldom will they do many types of finishes.  I can think of a few others who DO, but I still think generally-speaking, they are few and far between.

Nikole's beautiful HARE Polishes have already been featured on my blog a few times, so I won't give you another verbose rundown, but suffice it to say that she has a glitter gift!  Some of the color combinations she comes up with blow my mind.  She's about to launch a new collection (see it here) that looks like it is going to kick some ass!

Enough blabber, onwards with descriptions and pics!

Pretty Serious Poltergeist Puddle is a pretty medium-toned purple shimmer.  This polish...I want to friggin' marry it!  My picture does it little justice, sadly.  It has stunning little bits of violet and pink shimmer particles that seem to catch the light.  Lovely!  It was opaque in two coats and went on pretty smoothly.  Very pleased with my first ever Pretty Serious purchase!


Next up is HARE Medusa Luminosa from last year's fall collection.  Medusa Luminosa was recently gifted to me by my dear friend Kristy of The Polish Haven.  Medusa Luminosa is a medium purple jelly polish and features gold flecks, blue iridescent hexagon glitters and teeny tiny pink glitters.  It's quite eye-catching!  I wore one coat of Medusa Luminosa over two coats of Pretty Serious Poltergeist puddle.  I am quite pleased with this combo.  While I think Medusa Luminosa is very pretty, it was sort of a pain to apply.  It was very thick and wanted to drag a bit.  I think the easy fix here would be to thin it first prior to use next time.  Oh well, live and learn.  Overall though, a very beautiful polish.


  

You can buy Pretty Serious polishes directly from the Pretty Serious website at Pretty Serious Cosmetics (she ships worldwide, woot!) or through Llarowe.

HARE Polish can be purchased directly via Nikole's etsy shop HAREpolish on Etsy or at Llarowe.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you're all having a great week so far! <3

8 comments:

  1. Poltergeist Puddle, such a swoonworthy polish and your combo with Medusa Luminosa is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 thanks lady! I adore Poltergeist Puddle...definitely a great purchase!

      Delete
  2. Wooow, the combination is so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both great polishes! I so want to try out som Pretty Serious polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out Pretty Serious, some gorgeous stuff there! I am hoping to post another Pretty Serious mani here soon featuring Liquid Leprechaun. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow they are so pretty. I love Hare but haven't tried Pretty Serious yet. I am going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete