Sunday, 3 February 2013

CrowsToes Frog's Breath

It's February!!!!  This is exciting for me because it's just that much closer to spring if it's February haha.  I dunno, it makes sense to me.  Anyway, I cannot wait for spring and summer to arrive as I am absolutely dying to bust out my holographic polishes!

But, seeing as it is not currently holo-season, I bring you more fabulous glitter polishes!  I am so happy to share today's mani with you as it is one I have been meaning to do for a while now: CrowsToes Frog's Breath over China Glaze Emerald Sparkle.  I am in loooove with this and am constantly getting distracted by my shiny nails.  I was probably a bird in another life.

Frog's Breath is yet another stunning glitter polish from the always lovely Lauri of CrowsToes.  It features small and medium green, yellow and gold hex glitters (some of which are also holographic) in a clear base.  As with most of the CrowsToes polishes, this one is jam-packed full of glitters...just the way I like it!  Very dense.  The formula on Frog's Breath wasn't terribly fussy.  It was actually smoother than I anticipated, considering how dense it is.  I dabbed it on, but only out of habit...not because I needed to.  I dabbed and then brushed it on, if that makes sense.

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle has been a longtime favorite of mine.  It is a beautiful dark forest green with fine green glitter particles.  It goes on quite opaquely in two coats; however, if I was going to wear it by itself, I'd probably do a third coat for good measure.  There are allegedly two versions of this polish and I believe I have the non-dud version.  I dustied this one a while back, so I'm not sure where to recommend finding it.  Ebay, possibly.

Without further adieu, here are the pics (one coat of Frog's Breath over two coats of Emerald Sparkle)!  And since I couldn't pick just one, here are three for your viewing pleasure!




CrowsToes polishes can be purchased on Llarowe and Shoppe Eclecticco.

Thanks for stopping by and check back here soon as I have an awesome giveaway coming up in the near future! ;)

11 comments:

  1. Love the color variations u hav on your blog site. I have a question.. Can u actually make your own nailcolors by using a top coat with aded glitters or sparkles? I had this in mind, but never heard of anyone doing so. I think I'm going to give it a whirl.. Might b messy when at first mixing... Lol. But hey, it might end up a great thing. I will tag u when I conquer this and take a photo of my creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev! Thanks for the blog love! ^_^ I would absolutely love to see some of your creations...looking forward to it!

      In response to your question, the answer is yes and no. Depending on how large/heavy the glitter particle you're using is, it could possibly sink in a top coat polish as top coats aren't generally thick enough to support the weight of a glitter. Also, most glitters readily available in stores (such as Michael's) are not solvent resistant and will likely bleed or melt in the polish. There are many online retailers that do sell solvent resistant glitter, however, and retailers who sell thicker polish bases so you can make your own. Feel free to message me if you'd like more info on this!

      Delete
  2. I NEED Frog's Breath! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, EVERYONE needs Frog's Breath imo! ;) Glad you liked my take on it!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! This is a lovely polish! Just great, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a great polish! It's like dragon scales or something. Yeah, I think I need that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way of describing it! Very dragon-y indeed :) You definitely need it...everyone does haha!

      Delete
  5. Wow I really love this combination!!!!!

    ReplyDelete