Thursday, 29 November 2012

Chanel Malice featuring Sally Hansen Amber Ruby

Ahoy hoy, dear readers!  A happy Thursday evening to you all...I hope this week has been treating you well! 

Well, it finally happened.  I bought my first Chanel.  At $27 CAD, I was hoping and praying that it was worth the price tag.  It did NOT disappoint!  Malice is a limited edition polish released as part of Chanel's Eclats Du Soir Christmas 2012 collection.

Malice goes on so smoothly, the formula wasn't fussy at all and it had beautiful pigmentation.  It was almost completely opaque on the first coat but definitely benefitted from a second coat.  Wowza!  This is one sexy polish, let me tell you.  It is a deep burgundy/wine with a gorgeous red shimmer.  I tried really hard to capture this in my pics, but I still don't feel I did it enough justice.  This polish is a real stunner in person and I felt so fancy to have this on my nails haha.  The wear was also excellent, color me VERY impressed!

The following two pics of two coats of Chanel Malice (pics taken under a desk lamp; no flash):



Annndddd since I can't leave well enough alone, I threw one Sally Hansen Amber Ruby (from the Nail Prisms line of yesteryear) over top.  I love me a good duo/multichrome and Malice looks like liquid flame with Amber Ruby over top of it! 

Check it out *drool*:


Look at the awesome gold/green shift of Amber Ruby over Malice:


As always, thanks for checking out my little 'ole blog and have a wonderful evening!!

8 comments: