Tuesday, 21 August 2012

OPI I Have a Herring Problem and Candeo Joker

Hi folks!

Been a while since I last blogged...sorry about that.  The DH and I went on our little USA road trip last week and had a fabulous time!  Now that I'm back home, I'm able to get back to blogging again...huzzah!

I was having a tough time deciding on a mani the other day since I have so many untrieds that I left the decision in random.org's capable hands lol.  It selected OPI's I Have a Herring Problem from the Spring 2012 Holland collection.  I bought quite a few polishes from this collection upon its release, however, this is the first polish from that collection that I've worn so far (something I plan to remedy).  I have to say, I am impressed with I Have a Herring Problem.  It went on so beautifully and fully opaque in two coats.  I really liked this polish a lot more than I thought I would.  I'm not normally one for dusty hues but this one is really pretty, especially with its faint gold shimmer.

See how pretty it is?? (sorry my nails look sort of wonk here, I don't know what happened >.<)


And because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I thought it would be fun to slap another untried, Candeo Joker (1 coat), over I Have a Herring Problem.


The above pic does not do Joker nearly enough justice, but it'll have to do for now.  I absolutely ADORE Joker...wow!  Just look at it (hell, I can't STOP looking at it...even the DH said he liked it and he never comments on my manis)!  A beautiful mix of periwinkle, medium purple and silver hex glitters with tiny bits of lavender and periwinkle holographic glitter.  This is my first Candeo purchase ever and I am thoroughly impressed!  You can buy Candeo Joker at Llarowe, which is where I bought my bottle.


Like most glitters, Joker requires a little bit more effort than your average polish but the payoff is well worth that effort.  I used the dabbing method to apply Joker.  If you are unfamiliar with the dabbing method, Reece at Spit & Polish just gave a great how-to explanation of it in her recent CrowsToes polish post.

In the past few months, so many indie polishes have exploded on to the scene.  Some of them fabulous, some of them not-so-fabulous, and some are downright atrocious (just my opinion, so put away your pitchforks, k?).  Candeo falls in to the fabulous category and I am super excited to try out Candeo Dive Bomb (which is currently on its way to me)!  It's interesting how popular indies have become.  This time last year, there was really only one or two big-name indie producers out there.  Now there are hundreds! 

I'm just going on a bit of a personal tangent here, but I think we're getting to the point in the indie market of over-saturation.  Seems like every day, someone with enough suspension base and a few glitters or pigments is hawking their new "indie" line.  Sigh, I don't know...maybe I'm just starting to get "indied out" lol.  Maybe I'm alone in this feeling, who knows?  Feel free to share your thoughts on indies in general in the comments section, I am genuinely curious to hear what you guys think! <3

Long story short, in a sea of so many indie producers out there, Candeo is definitely a standout brand.  I'd rank Candeo in the top 3 of my current favorite indie brands.

As always, thanks for stopping by everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the indie situation. I never really got into it for that reason. There's WAY too many brands to keep track of, and I feel like I'd lose my mind trying to remember who's restocking when. Plus, I'd totally be broke. It's madness I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a lot of excellent points, that's for sure! ;)

      Delete
  2. Both these polishes look lovely on you ♥

    Definitely getting indied out over here, my favourite right now is Hare

    ReplyDelete